Succession Planning & Wealth Management
Many circumstances can trigger the need for succession planning and wealth management. Tax laws change, families grow, members join or depart, health issues arise, and goals and plans change. The future is closer than we think and it’s vital to respond to the changing financial landscapes. Plan early. Revisit often. Prepare to review and update your strategies, structures, and legal documents regularly to manage, protect, and plan for the future.
Here are just a few ways we can help:
- Tax minimization strategies using available tools such as Trusts, Personal and Corporate Wills, Estate Freezes, and specific purpose Powers of Attorneys
- Tax efficient asset planning
- Cross border tax planning
- Charitable giving and family foundations
- Shareholder agreements for family businesses
Together with our business law group, we counsel families with commercial interests to manage important business transitions such as growth, retirement and succession plans to protect the enterprise you worked hard to create, and the family relationships you value most.
Our team provides clients with:
- Business and risk management legal advice
- Tax and estate planning
- Asset protection strategies
- Leadership succession strategies
We know the value of collaboration and regularly team with financial professionals, accountants, trust companies, and other lawyers to bring you the best results.
For more information or to schedule an initial consultation call 604-273-8481. We are here to help.