Estate Administration & Probate
Serving as Executor of an estate is not easy.
Did you know that, in addition to the many responsibilities and duties Executors must attend to, they may be personally liable for things that go wrong in the course of fulfilling this important role?
Our lawyers counsel and support clients serving as Executor of their loved ones’ estates and, when requested, we serve as Executors ourselves.
Our services to Executors include:
- Confirming the will is valid
- Notifying beneficiaries and providing them with copies of the will
- Probating the will
- Protecting estate assets
- Dealing with debts
- Assisting with the vast and detailed amount of paperwork
- Advising on real estate appraisal and distribution
- Advising on business succession or sale
- Advising on sale or distribution of local or out of province assets
- Tracking, managing, and distributing funds from accounts in financial institutions
- Providing risk management advice on potential conflicts or complications
- Undertaking executor’s final accounting and distributions to beneficiaries
We are here to help you – with straightforward advice, support with specific tasks, or by fully managing the required duties during these difficult times. Call 604-273-8481 to arrange an initial consultation.